The IPCS welcomes submissions for short commentaries and book reviews in 800-850 words. Our aim is to engage in critical dialogue over issues pertaining to India’s internal security and external relations, as well as all the focus areas under our four research programmes.
WRITE FOR US
Please send a commentary pitch of not more than 100-150 words, listing the premise of the commentary and the argument you seek to make to:
- Our editorial team will respond within 5 working days.
- Please send the complete drafts of your commentaries only after they have been commissioned by the IPCS Editorial Team.
- Submissions that do not follow this process will not be considered.
- Once the commissioned commentary is submitted to the IPCS, the Editorial Team will proof-read and copy-edit the draft.
- If required, the edited draft may be sent back to the author with feedback or queries, which have to be addressed.
- Once the commentary is finalised, it will be published on the IPCS website, and the URL will be e-mailed to you.
- On an average, this process takes 3-5 days, depending on the level of effort the draft may demand and/or the author’s response rate.
- Any delays will be conveyed via e-mail.
The IPCS pays a modest honorarium as a token of appreciation for all published commentaries.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!